INTRODUCING THE DERMAPEN4
- As a Gold Authorised Treatment Provider, we use the Dermapen4 Microneedling Pen.
- Dermapenworld is the original and most trusted automated microneedling brand, and the Dermapen4 is the latest model device.
- The Dermapen4 has advanced safety features and smaller, faster moving needles than ever before, for optimum results.
- Dermapen microneedling is one of the most popular skin treatments in the world, with the ability to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, pigmentation, acne and scars for glowing, radiant skin.
HOW DOES DERMAPEN MICRONEEDLING WORK?
- Also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
- The Dermapen4 uses 16 tiny micro needles moving very fast vertically in a stamping motion to deliver microscopic punctures to the skin’s superficial top layer.
- This stimulates the natural healing process in the skin, resulting in production of new collagen and elastin, and a rejuvenated and more youthful complexion.
- Treatment is minimally invasive, as these tiny needles only penetrate the skin a fraction of a millimetre, oscillating at 120 revolutions per second, meaning there’s no drag across the skin.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A DERMAPEN TREATMENT?
- You will first experience a micro facial, where your skin will be cleaned, exfoliated and sanitised using DP Dermaceuticals.
- These are the only protocol products specifically created by Dermapen to be safe for microneedling, both during and post treatment.
- Meso-Glide solutions will be applied to your area of concern, which contain active ingredients that penetrate into the skin to help optimise healing and give enhanced skin results.
- As the Dermapen device moves across your skin, tiny needles create micro channels to the superficial top layers of the skin, which will activate your skin’s natural healing response.
- This happens due to the stamping action of the needles creating micro injuries, resulting in production of new collagen and elastin and a rejuvenated and more youthful complexion.
- The treatment is minimally invasive, as these tiny needles move very fast and only penetrate the skin a fraction of a millimetre.
- To finish, the practitioner will apply a soothing mask over the area, which will act as immediate relief to cool and hydrate the skin.
- After the mask has been removed, a fortifying serum will be applied over your skin to start intensive repair, while reducing visible redness and inflammation.
- Finally a breathable SPF-30 camouflage foundation will be applied to provide sun protection, cooling, anti-bacterial, antioxidant and moisturising properties, as well as covering any pinkness in the skin.
WHAT HAPPENS POST TREATMENT?
- Straight after a treatment you may notice your skin is plump and glowing – but also a little hot and pink, similar to windburn.
- This may last for 6 to 24 hours, so ensure you don’t do a Dermapen treatment right before an event.
- Don’t apply any products which could aggravate the skin, such as retinol, and avoid makeup for the next 12 hours.
- It’s important that you use sun protection each day after your treatment, but ensure this is zinc-oxide physical sunscreen, rather than a chemical one.
One Day After:
- You won’t need to cleanse or moisturise your skin for the next 12 hours or so, as you’ll have all the products with moisturising ingredients applied already.
- It’s important to avoid sun exposure, and for 24 hours post-treatment to minimise use of active skin products and non-mineral makeup. You can continue to use DP Dermaceuticals CoverRecover safely.
- Your skin may also feel a little dry the few days after your treatment, after which it will become smooth and radiant within a week.
One Week After:
- As your skin responds and heals, it produces collagen which forms a new layer of fresh tissue, creating a more youthful appearance on the surface and fighting antibodies beneath.
- Approximately 48 to 72 hours after your treatment, collagen production will increase. It takes at least four weeks to see noticeable results though.
- This new collagen will last for several years, which is why microneedling is considered a long-lasting treatment.
One Month After:
- Your skin will feel smoother, and look brighter and pauper for the next few weeks.
- The best results will be visible a few months later, once the new collagen and elastin has been regenerated by your skin. This will continue to improve as you have your next few treatments.
- One treatment is not usually enough for long-lasting results. Your therapist will advice you on the frequency of the treatments and how many are recommended, but they will usually be spaced between 2 and 8 weeks apart.
HOW DOES IT TREAT PIGMENTATION?
- Pigmentation is when brown spots and patches appear on the skin, such as freckles, age spots, hormonal pigmentation patches and uneven skin tone.
- Natural pigment produced by the skin is called melanin, which increases during sun exposure, and is not always even.
- Dermapen Microneedling reduces pigmentation by rejuvenating and replacing old layers of pigmented skin with fresh, new, pigment-free skin.
- Directly targets pigment producing cells to start a repair and corrective process to encourage a more even skin tone.
* Typical treatment recommendations: 3-6 SESSIONS | 10-20 MINUTES | 2-4 WEEKS APART
Melasma/Pigmentation x3 Treatments (UK)
HOW DOES IT TREAT ACNE & ACNE SCARRING?
- Acne can affect all skin types and all ages, and may be caused by a combination of genetics, hormone changes, health, stress and/or environmental factors.
- Excess oil, dry skin and debris combined can become trapped in the pore and cause inflammation, making the skin more susceptible to other bacteria.
- Dermapen regenerates the affected area by stimulating the production of collagen improving acne scarring.
- The result is an overall improvement in the appearance of problematic skin breakouts, black/whiteheads, acne reduced, and scarring minimised.
* Typical treatment recommendations: 4-6 SESSIONS | 10-20 MINUTES | 2-4 WEEKS APART
HOW DOES IT TREAT SCARS & STRETCH MARKS?
- Scars form when the skin heals itself with raised, thicker than normal tissue, which can often also appear as red, purple or white in colour.
- Stretch marks are caused by tears from rapid stretching of the skin due to growth, weight gain or pregnancy.
- Dermapen microneedling can help reduce smaller, superficial scars such as acne scars and stretch marks through to larger trauma scars.
- By breaking up uneven skin tissue, encouraging the growth of new elastin and collagen for a smoother appearance of the skin with a more even tone.
* Typical treatment recommendations: 5-6 SESSIONS | 20 MINUTES | 6 WEEKS APART
Trauma Scarring x3 Treatments (SA)
HOW DOES IT TREAT AGEING & WRINKLES?
- Ageing causes the decline of collagen and elastin in our skin, which over time results in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen is the essential protein that keeps our skin looking youthful with a firm and smooth texture, so as this diminishes our skin starts to sag and crease.
- By stimulating the healing process with these microscopic “traumas” to the skin, this generates the production of fresh new collagen and elastin growth, which plumps wrinkles and fine lines for more youthful looking skin.
- Treatments can be done on existing lines or wrinkles, or at the onset of signs of ageing. At least 2 to 3 treatments are recommended for best results.
* Typical treatment recommendations: 4 SESSIONS | 30 MINUTES | 6 WEEKS APART
WHY HAVE A GOLD ATP TREATMENT?
- Dermapen has recognised these clinics as following all treatment protocols, including use of Dermapen 4, the latest model device available, in combination with only products specifically designed to work with Dermapen.
- By choosing Bien-être Beauty Therapy | Reflexology you’ll be ensuring superior micro needling results and exceptional safety.